Powered by Blogger.

Followers

My Timeline

Thursday, July 18, 2013

It seems that after all the items I have built, that I would be some sort of professional, but I'm not. I am a procrastinator and a little really lazy. I always have all these plans and things I need to do, but I rather just sit around and play with the kids or watch some Netflix. I try to get up and do things that make me feel complete, so I needed some end tables to put my glass of sweet tea so I asked for lumber for Mother's Day. My husband, Jonathan, has refused lumber as a gift for a year or two now, but he has finally given in and let me have what I want.  So I started on some Truss End Tables, with a couple of changes I made along the way.

I was so proud of these two, they were simple and so pretty. It took me a couple hours to put them together.



The Rustoleum Kona stain made them even better and the poly made them shine. I was so excited that soon as they were dry I ran one, well slowly waddled because it was heavy, to the house to see what it looked like!

Then I remembered the thing called a measuring tape. I had measured how long I wanted the table to be but forgot about the height and how short my couch was. Enter the mind cursing one more time! I am always distracted and in a rush to get something done that I screw it all up! So, I put them back in my shed and let them set there for an hour while I cooled off.
 I later went to the shed, ripped them apart (the glue destroyed them a bit) and then started cutting down and redoing everything! And BAM! I got it to fit perfectly. I didn't put the trusses back on because I couldn't get them to work right, but I love it like this. Alaya and Shila are known to hide under there and at some point I want to put trays under there as a shelf. Do you like my walls? I'll post on those also.


Categories: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment