Powered by Blogger.

Followers

My Timeline

Friday, February 8, 2013

Just let me apologize that the pictures aren't the best. There are two pictures that were taken years ago and the rest are from my phone since Shila has stolen my SD card for the millionth time.
Okay so sometimes I just get hit with genius, well what I think to be really good ideas. My husband usually stares at me like I'm an idiot when I start talking about what I can make or do, but he is a good sport and usually just says okay. The main reason is that I usually do things by myself unless I really get stuck or frustrated.  So one day a couple years ago I was with Shila, she was maybe 1 and a half, and we were going through our local thrift store when she saw something she had to have.



Oh yes a Wall-E table and chairs for tea parties. It is a great set, no tears or broken pieces, but it's yellow and has Wall-E on it! So I went to Walmart one day and found a table cloth and cut it up and put it on table and presto! great table and chairs!


THENNNN WE GOT CATS! And before I knew it the cats had found the perfect place to claw it's nails into. Before we knew it they had pulled giant holes out of the table cloth and it looked like this.



It was pretty gross and it sat like this for awhile. So one day I was at Michael's and I stared at the duct tape for a couple minutes. So I bought 2 colors, white and pink, and started to work out how I was going to use them. Like most people, I am obsessed with chevron patterns.  I find myself wanting to do a chevron pattern on anything but I have not put it into my house yet, so I thought this would be perfect way.



So I unscrewed all the pieces I wanted to fix and removed all of the nasty table cloth parts. With the chairs I just started by covering a top corner with one piece of tape and working out from then. The best tip is to use a good pair of scissors, mine were HORRIBLE and took longer than it should.

Isn't it beautiful! I still needed to respray the metal pieces, but I'm the only person who seems to see the yellow popping out. The table was the hard part that need some real thought and .... math :(

So I pulled out the ruler and pen and got started with a simple triangle and worked from there. 



It took an hour and a half, in the middle of the night, on my bed, to get it finished but I really enjoyed the process. When I was done I was really happy with how it turned out and Shila was even more excited.



Ugggg so much better! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment