Powered by Blogger.

Followers

My Timeline

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

When we bought our first house one of our first purchases was a sectional that did not hold up well to my jumping kids. They ripped the cushions at the seams by sliding down them onto the seats. Mason was known to walk across the back and then use the "slide" in certain spots, so the ripping happened in two different locations. Luckily the warranty covered it and we were able to pick out a new sectional. I don't know why I went with a new sectional, because I didn't like the sectional in our small living room anyways. This time I decided to get an OTTOMAN! I guess I wasn't thinking about all the jumping and bucking that happens in our house, because I would have known to not get an ottoman with my kids in the house. So our new couch was destroyed, it began to sag in a couple years due to the newly added trampoline. It was also stained and just plain icky. I hated when people sat down and seemed to just fall into the couch.

So we got a new one, one with a sofa bed so when our family comes down we have an extra place for guests.

The bed also makes up for the fact that Mimi and Pawpaw live with us when they are not in Illinois, so sleepovers happen via the living room! They bed to sleep there nightly.





 With a new couch, I needed a new coffee table and I'm not known to buy anything that I can make. So like any normal diy-er wanting to build a coffee table, I went to Ana-white.com and found  The Rustic X Coffee Table. I had actually been eyeing it for a while, but finally decided to take it on. 

It started off easy enough, a simple frame and I was on a roll!



Then I made it to the X and I was stuck... really stuck. I got this piece to work after a lot of mess ups and I couldn't get the other piece to look straight. I had so many cuss words I wanted to say, but Shila kept me in check. So I sat there and sat there and looked at other people's beautiful X tables and then tried more pieces of wood. 


Then like a miracle out of no where, The Triple Truss Coffee Table was posted during my mini melt down. It was like a calling from the diy gods, I was meant to make a simpler version of the table.  


It is nice, I know. I love it so much! Of course I had to stain and poly it. So I used a Rust-oleum stain in Kona. I ended up using a q-tip to get the stain down into the pocket holes. I had to stain inside because I have the 3 kiddos and I pushed being outside a little too much.





And here it is, the finished project! Along with a sneak peak at the end tables I made later on.









Categories: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment