Powered by Blogger.

Followers

My Timeline

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Okay so around late April or early May, I was freaking out.  This was what my nursery looked like and I was due to have a baby June 22. So i decided to get to work.


My sister gave me her old changing table and crib since I had been planning to redo an old crib, but I couldn't find a yard sale crib set that I liked. This is the before.




Then I pulled out my orbital sander and attacked that thing! I just needed to get the glossy finish off of it since I was planning on painting it.  


I also had some great helpers. Shila spent the time either walking Dottie or trying to talk me into letting her paint.


She usually gets what she wants, I mean look at those chub cheeks. I can't help it sometimes.



I used Valspar's Multi Purpose Primer to make sure the paint sticks. This stuff is thick! Almost like a goo instead of a paint, but that makes it stick great.


This was after one coat with a sponge roller and a brush for the cracks.



Then we took a 4-wheeler break!



And the second coat really covered all the dark spots that might have showed through when we put on the color.


So I started out by painting the pink on with a brush, it was taking forever!!
So I finally got up the nerve to try out the Christmas present my husband had bought me.

So I set up a painter's canvas and some plastic and made myself a spray station. When I first showed my husband this picture, he was so mad at me. I guess my forgetfulness made him think that I sprayed the metal shed pink. I don't know why he'd think I would do something so crazy, I guess because the deck at our old house has white paint drops all over it ;)

I'll post the finished project in my Nursery reveal!

0 comments:

Post a Comment