Powered by Blogger.

Followers

My Timeline

Friday, July 26, 2013

In the land of Pinterest everything seems so perfect and makes you want to make new things and paint old things... and for some people work out, but I try to stay away from that stuff. So when I came across this little gem I knew I could redo it with some good old fashioned spray paint! 



I love spray paint and I have tried a lot of spray paint brands, but I find Rustoleum to be my favorite. So I stopped by the Home Depot after I picked this baby up and bought Rustoleum paint in LAGOON!



I love the color, but I wanted something more than blue, I WANTED CHEVRON!!! Then I decided I wasn't going to be able to do a straight chevron so I decided, I WANTED HERRINGBONE!!! SOOO I painted it grey...



Then I was all, grey is boring... I'll make the sides Lagoon! 



So I tried to figure out the best way to make a herringbone pattern and I started with some stripes. I knew there was no way I'd make them perfectly straight, but kind of straight is good enough for me.




I was excited at this point, mainly because it was the day before my birthday and I was hoping to finish it as a present to myself. That of course did not happen! I started on the herringbone deciding I'd make the triangles get smaller and smaller as they went towards the bottom. I even put some magnets on the back of my ruler so I would stop losing it on the ground and top of the cabinet. I was being so productive and taking my time!



And then it happened, after hours and hours of work on it... I pulled off the tape.
DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!


I HATE IT!!!

It makes me sad just looking at the craziness and the ... I don't know I just don't like it. So after a day of being mad at it for being stupid, I hand sanded it so I wouldn't show my horrible herringbone through my paint. Then I did what I should have done in the first place, I painted it all LAGOON. I still love the name of the color.


This was actually my first coat and I have put another on it, but I needed to look at it and see what I could use to make it better. It's not done yet but I plan of replacing the legs since they are bent from someone pushing the heavy beast around and making a stencil to add a little something to it... 


Not sure what... 

2 comments:

  1. I love that color! You go girl! What about a monogram or a number on the front of the doors! Just a suggestion. :)

    Happy day to you friend and I love your blog!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping it real! I posted recently about a dining table and chairs I repainted... I didn't mention it took me over a month to get it right! Enjoyed my visit!

    ReplyDelete