Powered by Blogger.

Followers

My Timeline

Friday, July 26, 2013

I had been working on a couple things in between the day to day stress of having all three kids at home and some money issues going on when it comes to Jonathan's job.  So I have been super stressed and a little here and there over the last month, but on Monday night my work load was overloaded with a rainstorm. 

I had been watching my nephew all day and was waiting for the hubs to get home so we could go get a new vacuum (and dinner) since mine had went psycho a couple days before and my carpet was getting filled with dirt... and food from roaming eaters. Soon as we left the house it started to rain, a pouring rain that you could verily see to drive. I was desperate to get out of the house though and the weather radar said it was a cloud right over our area so we pushed on and the rain ended within a couple miles of our house. It was a great night, we ate dinner and we spent a little while in the vacuum isle at Target just trying to figure out which vacuum we wanted. 

When we got home there was a hole in a cement block in our basement where a wire came through the wall and a window had been busted out from the flying concrete block. We really had no idea what was happening and then when we found water in the basement we were freaking out even more. The water was coming from the top floor out of our bathroom, through the ceiling and the walls in the living room, and then puddling in the basement. We cut the water off and called the insurance company immediately. We had a lightning strike and it messed up our PS3, Roku, Directv recievers, Wiis, garage door opener, and the pool pump to our Intex Pool.

It was great since they sent ServPro over as soon as they could. They came in and pulled our carpets up and removed the padding underneath since they are basically "sponges." Then they put 2 fans and a dehumidifier in each of the affected rooms. The living room...

And the bathroom...


It was kind of annoying since they were very loud, but so worth not having mold growing in our walls. 

They also cut holes in the popcorn ceilings to make sure everything dried in between the floors. 

We were lucky that it only took about 48 hours to dry the whole house out, but the ServPro guy didn't think that lightning could have caused the water to leak. So my husband took a day off work to do his man stuff... or hulk stuff because he would get angry and stuff would break.


First he broke the counter top while trying to pry it off, then he ignored everything I tried to tell him to do (I know everything about this since I watch hours of DIY Network) and then he had to remove the vanity.

SOOOO after prying out 30 or so giant nails he ended up breaking the vanity... and then this happened. It's still outside I believe, there has been more people at our house in the last week then in the last couple months and there is a busted vanity in the front yard. (Alaya is always photobombing my pics)



The vanity was not very happy with what was happening to him... I believe it's a him.


I made this face a lot that day too...

So why was our water leaking after a lightning strike??? Well we turned on the water to find the leak and it was in this piece of wood :(


Then after once again ignoring me Jonathan cut through the flooring instead of going in the ceiling and he found the leak...


You see that black marking around the hole? It was near an electrical line and it scorched the line and put a nice little hole in the pipe. 

So here I am, minus one counter top, one vanity, and a couple of electronics, and plus two holes in the ceiling, one hole in the garage, one busted window, and one hole in my bathroom floor... and I'm not sure what our next step is.  I am just happy we have home owners insurance to help us with our next step.
Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment